HybridZ

Hi new here! My work in progress....

Guest TrueSlide

Guest TrueSlide

Hi my name is Justin and live in AZ and VA. Current home is AZ. Anyways I own a 1989 240sx KA24E. Recently a local shop was kinda enough a gave me a KA. Well it has become my project and my next motor once my current one is shot.

I have been doing research and have come up with this setup, any info/corrections or input is apprecaited and welcomed.

Z22 block, Z20 crank/rods and a KA24E head(I have). From what I understand, the z22 is a very strong block and has a siamesed bore and can be bored to 89mm(Also bore prevents valve shrouding, KA24 Pistons). The z20 crank(fully counterweighted) and rods.

The way I understand it is the z20 crank will slap right into the z22 block using the z22 rods with customs pistons(I have heard KA24 pistons have slightly low compression with that setup, so customs are probley a must.) KA24E head bolts perfectly on z22 block, front cover and all.

Rods needed are from a truck with the z20 as the rods are slightly shorter at 149.5mm.

Goal is a 7.5k+ KA with a good amount of power. All N/A.

Currently Iam trying to source these parts.

Thanks!

Justin