HybridZ

no spark on cyl 2 and 5

zguy36

I just got done installing the megasquirt II on my '83 280zx turbo. The motor fires up okay but has no spark on cylinders 2 and 5. The other cylinders seem to be firing okay. This motor uses an optical distributor and I have this wired into the megasquirt using a 1k pullup resistor. I am also driving the coil with the direct coil control. I hooked up a scope to the output of the distrubutor (input signal to megasquirt) and it is a nice square wave with zero volt for the low and 5 volt for the top of the square. I am assuming this is the pattern that I am looking for. Any ideas why I am not getting spark to those two cylinders? Anything to do with the fact that those two cylinders are directly across from each other in the dizzy cap? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks a ton!

-jeremy-

let me know if any more information is needed.

Yes, the 5V square wave is correct.

If you are getting spark to the other cylinders, it must be either a couple bad pugs wires (probably not), or there is something not configured correctly in the MS. Dou you have the number of cylinders set correct?