HybridZ

Which Megasquirt version to buy?

dmyntti

I am about to purchase a Megasquirt kit. I would like some advice as to which unit to buy. I hope to build several systems for vehicles I currently have but this is going to be my first one. Is there a reason not to get the Megasquirt 2 kit? This system will be installed on a 350 chevy with either Multiport injection or TBI. I intend to use ignition control through my stock HEI. I believe I have the skills to build the kit myself.

I was looking at the kit from DIYAUTOTUNE priced at $250 for megasquirt 2. Is this the right place to buy this or is there something or someone better? Also can the megasquirt use a wideband oxygen sensor and if so what do I need (LM-1?)?

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for the reply.

From what I found MSII will also use a wideband but does not have as many features as MSNS+E. I ordered the MS1 kit and will use MSNS+E because I want knock retard which is not currently included in MSII. I can always buy the MSII daughter board at a later date.

This will be my first system but I hope to build a few more in the near future for other project cars I am working on.