HybridZ

Non-z Stumbling diagnosis help

zero

I have a 92 mazda 323 hatch that I have been driving around while the z is out of commission. It has 230k miles but ran very well until recently. For the past month or so it has developed a stumbling issue that happens ittermitantly. Occasionally it will fall flat on its face while accelerating, it is as if I am abruptly lifting off the throttle. It will do this on and off for a period of anywhere from 3seconds to a minute or two. at low speeds this is can be a big enough problem that I have to pull over and get out of the car. At low speeds it will often have trouble idling. At high speeds the momentum of the car is generally enough to keep it going through the trouble. Because this happens so occasionally it can be hard to diagnose. It does, however, appear to be electrical, and it seems to be completely on or off. I would really like to find this problem as it keeps me from trusting the car on long trips and i really need to be able to. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for what it could be or what you think I could do to diagnose it. Thanks