HybridZ

Need help interior aut shifter

Need help this Z im buying 79 280 2+2 , someone tried to break into then tried tried to pop the tranny out with no key and stripped the shifter "knob" off

shifter still there still functional but cant find anywhere that sells this type part and im open for suggestions

thanks ron

• 2 weeks later...

Grind off the head of a bolt and weld i to the top of the shifter (with it out of the car of course). I did this to my 78 because the diameter of the threaded section was too narrow for what knob I had. I could of just taped the threads to make it fit, but it was out of the car and I was bored.

I welded my own shift stik also.

I went to Alaska in 1997, very nice in late May! Sun doesn't really ever set, no night. Strange. Saw a bunch of glaciers, Alaska roads are great, but Canada's roads suck.

No offense Canadian subscribers. Canada is beautiful too, very ruff country especially in the Yukon, rains a lot.

I welded my own shift stik also.

I went to Alaska in 1997' date=' very nice in late May! Sun doesn't really ever set, no night. Strange. Saw a bunch of glaciers, Alaska roads are great, but Canada's roads suck.

No offense Canadian subscribers. Canada is beautiful too, very ruff country especially in the Yukon, rains a lot.[/quote']

Yeah but the winters suck. Its like -15 here. buurrrr. I wish I were somewhere warmer.

Oh I didn't realize it was an automatic. Not to sure about it, but I think you can use a handle from a jeep or a honda. Well I have one out of a 76 auto 280z that I might be willing to part with.

Yeah but the winters suck. Its like -15 here. buurrrr. I wish I were somewhere warmer.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it was nearly 45 degrees here last night, and now it's more like 65, Soooo cooold, I had to wear a jacket this morning just to keep my arms comfortable. It frosted once this winter, killed 1/2 my plants that have been there and growing for years! Dang! Needless to say the grass is dead... well that and I haven't watered it for a year and we only had like 1 inch this season. Too much dang sun, it's like you can't go outside anymore without seeing it all day! Should you have to wear suntan lotion in the middle of the dead of winter? Here? yes.