HybridZ

wilwood proportiong valve for the rear

i have a stock brake component 73 240z(booster, master, proportioning valves), i have the toyo fornt brakes and the 240sx rear disc. right not pedal pressure in the front is hard...and the rear discs aren't even clamping...i assume this is due to the fact that the 240 proportioning valve is designed for the small cyliner for the drums...and won't allow the necessary fluid for the larger piston on the sx caliper. is there a proportiong valve off another Z that i can use for the rear, or can i T the lines at the valve on the firewall and run the wilwood in line with the rear brake line?

I've done a Maxima rear caliper with 280ZX rear disk on my 260Z with no porblems. I'll be doing the front Toyo swap in the very near future, and will be upgrading to an early 280ZX master. I'm assuming the the Max and 240SX cali sould be about the same, so maybe you have another issue beside the prop. valve.

I have the vented 300ZX rotors 4x4 calipers and R4S pads up front and stock pad 85 Maxima calipers and mounts on 280 rear rotors on the back. No, they didn't just fall right in but I'm stubborn and had to make it that way. I liked the parking brake setup too. The searches may list the wrong or misleading info by the way. One recommends 83 maxima mounts and another recommends 85 mounts. The 85 mounts needed a little fab work but it wasn't too bad. The car still had no rear brakes while the fronts kept locking up. Removing the proportioning valve helped. I certainly don't need to add a valve in the rear. I don't yet see the need for another master cylinder either; there's only slightly more pedal travel now but at least it stops better. The 300 ZX rear rotor has a larger diameter than the 280 though I don't think a 1 inch diameter change is enough to balance my brakes. Did I miss something like some rear calipers have larger pistons? The surface areas all seem to be the same for that style pad.