HybridZ

MS wiring.. Should I go with the relay board?

Chaoticmass

Thinking about how I want my MS wired up it seems like the relay board would be the best way to go for a clean install, right? May not be the cheapest, but I think it will be worth it to have everything wired up right.

Before I order though I just wanted to get some thoughts on it. Thinking about having the MS ECU in the glovebox and running the relay cable into the engine bay to the relay board. This way I can open the glove box and monitor the lights on the ECU and plugin a laptop without opening the hood. Also keeps the ECU safe from the elements.

Also, think it is a good idea to go with the sensors at RS Autosport? http://www.rs-autosport.com/#sensors

well, I went ahead and ordered the relay board, sensors, relay cable, and the wiring harness (simply so I'd have lots of nicely labeled automotive grade wire to use-- anything to make the install go easier is better)

I think now it was a no-brainer decision but I'm completely new to MS so I'm not sure of a lot of things.

Really looking forward to getting things installed. I think it's going to be such a clean setup.

I did mine without the relay board and it turned out fine, I wired a fuse block i found at radioshack and then ran two new relays. The main thing that i didnt like about the relay board was the fact that i couldnt find one that came with a cover. I dont really have the machining ability to make one and i didnt want it in the engine bay without one. I mounted my MS right where the old ecu was, there is plenty of space and its right by the existing hole in your firewall so its easy to wire, im guessing you are putting this in a previously fuel injected z. Good luck with it.

Blake