HybridZ

Headlight/Turn prob

Tri-Star

Tri-star. Do you have a wiring diagram of your year car? It would help to explain how datsun ran the wiring. The head lights get a constant 12v's from the large red wires to the back of the headlights. The combo switch provides the grounding for the headlights. SO if either of the red/white or the red/blue wires short out to ground, your headlights will stay on forever. Now as far as the turnsignals not working,The hazard switch is in line with the flasher. So make sure the hazard switch is working , clean the contacts and resoilder like you did to the combo switch. Do you have a ohm meter to verify that the combo switch is in fact working?

thats what im doing tommrow and i dont even ahve a hazzard switch so i need to find one of those (help plz) but the headlights turn off and on but its wierd the red wires comming from the bulb plug into the blue green turn signal connector at the grill for it to work. the correct headlight conector get no power at all.

Well your getting the lights to turn on because your using the parking light circuit of the combo switch. You should have a constant 12v to the large red wire at the headlight socket? I think we have a wiring diagram in the "Photo album section" type in "wiring" in the search. It will show what I mean about the constant 12v's. You know chances are the the PO. probably by passed the circuit of the combo switch fot the heads lights. The combo switch is known to burn out ALL THE TIME. As far as the hazard switch is concerned, without one, you'll never get the turn signals working. Well ,not without alot of rewiring. When I did my motor swap. I decided to just rewire the whole car because my wiring was all jacked up as well. I found it easier to just start all over. One thing you could do is just rewire one cuircuit at a time to get the car usable.

Tri Star....I just read your post on the Fla forum. I have a couple of combo switches out. What year is your car? I can take some close up pics for you if that will help.

so i spent the entire day unmolesting the wireing. time well spent i got the headlights and running lights working fully. the only thing not working is the turn signals but thats because i dont have the entire center console harness (including the hazzard switch)so ones thats done im 95% sure all my wireing is exactly how it needs to be.

i have a 74 260Z