HybridZ

Why are 240 turn signals desirable?

HarrisonTX

So, my 260 has the 240z style turn signals, i want to switch, and put them in the grill like inthe 280's

I was searching before i posted, and saw everyone doing the opposite, taking the huge 240z style signals,and swapping out there grill signals

Why?

i think the 240 style is awful, huge looking. Anyone agree with me?

i will be happyto swap someone.

The 280Z front turn signals are not visible from the side so safety becomes an issue. I know of several accidents that could have been avoided if the car had it's front turn signals visible from the side.

So' date=' my 260 has the 240z style turn signals, i want to switch, and put them in the grill like inthe 280's

I was searching before i posted, and saw everyone doing the opposite, taking the huge 240z style signals,and swapping out there grill signals

Why?

i think the 240 style is awful, huge looking. Anyone agree with me?

i will be happyto swap someone.[/quote']

I think they look 50 times better then the 280z lol. I love the look of the 240z turnsignals they flow with the huge sugar scoop headlights.

However to answer your question I believe most people switch to the 240z style turn signals due to the fact that they are changing the front bumper and airdam. the 280z front valance is bubbly and has large indentions for the bumpers. When you switch to earlier style bumpers then you also need to get a 240z style airdam, which in turn leaves you with hte need for 240z lights.

I personally like the euro clear fornt turnsignals. I do agree with certain colors the big yellow/orange things could clash. I know mine do with my yellowstar headlights so im gonna look for some clear lenses. if i could ever find some at a decent price!