HybridZ

455 ci VW !!!!

EZ-E

I don't know about traction problems, with that big engine sitting back there. If its a 455, then I presume its out of a Toronado so most of the weight is behind the axels, so It might have a tendency to want to pull the front wheels. BTW How much were they asking for it?

Yes, there is a 455 C.I. V-8 in the back of this 1972 Karmann Ghia. I have owned this car for 21 years. Original builder. 83,000+ original miles. Always garaged. Only fair weather driver. Vehicle: 1972 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Engine: 1972 Oldsmobile 455 C.I. V-8 Transmission: GM Turbo Hydramatic 400 Final Drive: GM/ Olds Tornado Trans-axle Suspension: Stock 4-wheel independent w/ rear coil over shocks Brakes: Disc front/rear More Photos Available Upon Request e-mail contact: 455ghia@cox.net Price: $16,000 or best offer - SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY

The site it is from

http://www.hotrodsforsale.com/others/import_cars/index_i_car.htm

When you get there on the right just click the 1970's tab and it will take you to the car.

This was a rather common set-up for Kelmark and other VW based kitcars in the 70's. Apparently the trans plant was reliable I vaguely remember kit car magazine reporting on a large slalom event where a 455 equipped beat all comers and Kelmark used this win as later advertising. These kit cars show up in the eBay Replica vehicles section and some times cheaply