HybridZ

Temp Sensor Problems

Nismo280zEd

Currently have pcb3.0 board with MS1 on it. It's not liking the input from the sensor for some reason. I was using the stock 280z sensor trying to use easytherm to tune it but the software was giving me problems. when I'm in megatune and go under realtime display. the voltage to my o2 sensor is constantly going from 0-3 up and down the scale, my clt sensor goes from nothing to 255 then back to nothing, bouncing around. So i switched to the GM sensor today nothing, same problem.

This is causing a small nightmare, this is my daily driver and my g/f is having to drive me everywhere.

Browsing through msefi i couldn't really find stuff on trouble shooting MSI on the 3.0 board with the coolant sensor. Then only thing i can think of is when i wired it, i taped the wire going to the z sensor (single wire) that wire gives input to the temp gauge. I spliced into that, maybe the gauge is sending off some funky signal?

I should also mention i'm using a single wire 02 sensor untill my paycheck thursday.

Also megatune and easytherm are telling me they can't find the right msI .ini file. And I can't seem to find it either, a little help would go a long way. Thank you

-Ed

The readings you describe on the coolant sensor indicates that its "making" and "breaking" connection. The 255 value is when there is no connection.

Could be that you have a bad joint somwhere, it could be at the sensor itself. Especially if its the original 280 unit. Check for corroded terminals there.

Work on this first, you need to get a stable value first before you can continue.