HybridZ

L28 280ZX Turbo Distributor

Lurch2461

I know this is not quite the same but I have picked up a few here in NZ from Nissan Laurel and R30 Skylines that were imported from Japan - they were the L20ET models so might pay to have a look at the local Nissan wrecking yard you never know.

What year? The 81 is diferent than the 82-83. (factory build year)

81 turbo engien didn't have a crank angle sensor, and had some weird module attached to it.

82-83 had the CAS built into the dizzy.

The 2 different version aren't interchangeable unless you had a couple of different things.

You can use a NA version if its a 81, just diable vacuum advance, but not the ideal solution.

The Laurel and R30 Skyline I got mine from were both 83-84 models, one (R30) was the optical unit like the 82 280zxt dissy (same part number infact) the other one from the laurel is still a CAS but not optical like the crank angle module I have on the L28e I purchased, it is mounted down next to the crank pully which has a toothed wheel attached. Both the pully and the Laurel dissy produce the same single (have the same plug connection, so does the R30 optical dissy, same plug that is) I have not tested the optical dissy to see if the signal is the same but from the reading I have done - I beleive it will be.

see this thread for pics of the difference between the two dissys (optical and non optical)http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104767

I need it to go with my L20ET in a Paul Newman Version HR30 Skyline Coupe.

The L20 is soon to be an L28 (2949) and will be using the original L20 dizzy first up, but thought it good to have a spare, although it is an 81 280ZX Turbo AFM & ECU that I have to drive it all with.

I also have a Microtech piggy back unit to control the Fuel & Ignition settings.

Am I doing something terribly wrong?