HybridZ

MSnS tuning for N/A

Nismo280zEd

Any of you guyz help me out here?

Jkube I think your running MS on an N/A

there don't appear to be any maps for us loners.

I've been messing with it and can barely improve the idle, still idles at like 500rpm and is very stumbly, if not a map, atleast can anybody guide me in the direction of what to tune for the idle settings? I've been playing with the VE map and the constants.

-Ed

Heres a link to my map to try out. Use the one called jeffsNAmap.msq

http://www.execulink.com/~jkube/Fuel%20injection%20info/

First save your own map to your your computer ( if you havent done so already).

Then open Megatune and open my file and download it to your MS.

If the car is idling low and doesnt seem to change no matter what you do to MS, maybe your TB butterfly is too closed. Try opening it up a bit.

The other thing to look over is your timing. Maybe it needs to be advanced a bit.

Also the fuel pressure can affect the idle, It think it should be around 32 to 36 psi. Maybe yours is too low at idle.

• Administrators

Both of the maps on that page are only a couple lines of gibberish code. Is there another link?

We are also setting up an N/A L-28 running MSnS-E with EDIS-6 and would like to see others N/A maps to hopefully shorten our dialing-in learning curve…. Of course we will be sharing our MSQ for others as well…

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?p=98702

Yeah i neglected to mention i'm actually running MSnS-E fuel only. Once i get that working i'll do the VR pickups for my dizzy.

I've setup my table from 50-100 increasing in 5 (kPa) rpm on the bottom starts at 600 and increases 500 each block, this way when i condense it down when i run spark it will be easy to do.

VE Table

EDIT= I should mentions all the below is after it goes through the warmup sequence and reached above 160deg.

I'm having trouble dialing it in still. when it's about 70-80 kPa after startup it doens't like it to much. I have those about 53-almost 60. I think i'm going to lock my dizzy and take the vacumn advance off for now. When engine speed pickups kPa drops to say 50-60s rpms is about 1000-1200 and my numbers are about 60-mid 60's. I have a single wire o2 sensor and it hasn't warmed up enough to give me rich or lean readings so i'm going by smell and it stills smells rich to me but any lower and the engine cuts and stumbles. I'm also using the bosch idle air valve for idle control.

I'm at work now cooking but when i get home I plan to crunch some numbers and figure out where the numbers should be.

-Ed

Ed,

Try experimenting with the following parameters:

- Alternating vs simultaneous injector staging.

- The required fuel setting

- Injections per engine cycle

If all is OK with your MS and wiring, you should be able to get a good idle using these parameters. Only make adjustments after the motor is up to temperature.

PM me, and I will send you a couple maps. I have one for 19lb, and one for 26lb injectors.

No prob. The reason why braaap couldn't see them was because he was opening them up in notepad...

BTW Ed, what was the problem and what did you change?

and I couldn't see them at first because i was i MSnSE mode. Had to go down to MSI mode on MT.

Z-YA,

Do you think you could post links to those maps in this thread? Possibly in .msq format or as screenshots? I'm guessing the 19lb injectors are the stock N/A ones and the 26lb are the stock turbo ones, correct?

I noticed something else, from the maps i've viewed on here everybody has the PWM % at 100, I thought this would burn up the stock injectors, the MS manual says 75% and at 1.0ms where most guys here have it ath 100% and 25.4 or 25.5ms. So maybe i'm the first to run the pcb3.0 board with it built in and everybody else is running resistor packs or a daughter card i guess?

ok, i got my pwm% down to 21 and the ms is at 1.0 but i might put it at 1.1ms.

I'm going to upload my current msq however it is still not driveable. I'm also still having problems starting when it's hot.

-Ed

ok hyrbrid wouldn't load the msq as a pic file and i dont' have time to host it on my site so i took some pics of my settings. they are in my user gallery.

I think this is the link not sure.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=5684&size=big&cat=500

-Ed

If you are runnig a resistor pack in series with your injectors, then you can set the PWM to 100%. If not, then you need to play around with the PWM settings. I for one like to have the resistors there to protect the output transistors from making a mistake in Megatune.

I'm still havin trouble, I can get the idle good, the VE map looks good, i hit the throttle it goes up no coughing back fire, smooth, then i let off... and it jumps into the 80-100 kpa zone and usually can't recover and dies.

Is this my vacumn dizzy screwing things up for me again?

EDIT: plugged vacumn for dizzy same problem

Did you verify that the MAP sensor is working? You should see the MAP change in Megatune as you change the throttle (when the engine is running). If it doesn't move, you could have the MAP sensor in backwards.

Also, did you calibrate the TPS? In Megartune: Tools => Calibrate TPS. Click "Get Current" button when at idle, and at WOT (shut off engine to calibrate TPS).

yeah i got it working, i feel like an idiot. It was my vacumn bottle, it hase a one way check valve in it from when i ran carbs to keep my brake function. I reversed the connections so that it doesn't use the check valve, works fine now, revs like a mean Z should!

Thanks for all the help guys.

-Ed

I'll post my maps after i tweak them, it smelled a little lean top end.

Well still tweaking. Car was running pig rich cut map by 20% twice then had to increase it by 10%. Tweaked accel settings slightly. Tried to tune with Lm1 but i blew out the 02 bung the other night, so it'll be a little longer till i can post a tuned map. but if anybody wants my roughed in one, let me know.

-Ed

You mention that you are using the LM-1 to do the tuning.

I'm considering buying it to better the settings on my cars and my sons turbo'd Sentra.

Keep us all informed on how you like it.

I have heard that tuning the car is so much easier with a wide band setup like this. But by the way your last post is written, it doesnt seem to be working well for you.

its my LM1 he was trying to use.

us houston Z'ers have been using my LM1 for months now and it has gotten all our Z's running in TIP TOP form.

all it really does it read out ur a/r's but man does that tell you everything!

mike