HybridZ

custom rubber fabrication/molding

74Adam

I was thinking about having a rubber boot made for the AFM to TB now that I have the 60 mm TB. I know some people have been able to get the stock boot to fit, but I don't see how. I could use some generic ducting but I would like to keep the fast idle operation so I need that outlet port as well. Does anyone know of a company that does this sort of thing? I can't find much online. I may just be SOL.

thanks

If you have the patients and time to learn you can make a three part mold that you can then pour silicone into for your part. Platinum cure silicone will handle temperatures of up to 6 or 700 degrees f. It comes in a variety of shore hardness. You can make a mold using gypsum, or platinum cure silicone. PLatimum silicone can easily be contaminated causing surface curing problems. But blah blah blah. Just to say you can make one yourself if you knew how. I wouldn't recomend it to the novice at mold making since it is a more complex part. If I wasn't so damn busy I could. I've been doing this sort of thing for a while. If you had someone do it for you custom I would imagine it costing around 1K to start. So not too affordable either.