HybridZ

what size/backspace/etc... for my Z?

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

Alright, i'm still pretty rough around the edges when it comes to playing with custom wheels... but the time has come for me to order some for the Z in order to fit larger rubber under the car.

Here's my setup, i need advice on the most logical choice wheel dimensions to go with... i'll be ordering through diamond racing, which i've seen a pair or 2 on z's here, but most are flaired, hence my delimma.

My Z is a 73' 240, stock strut housings front and rear... eibach pro-kit springs, on tokico blue hp shocks. with suspension techniques front and rear sway bars. No flairs of any kind, all stock sheet metal.

i'm going to run Dunlop SP Sport FM901's in a 225/50r/16 size as i already have a 99% new set sitting in my garage from my old 305ci volvo sedan.

So i've decided on a 16x8 avenger wheel... 4 x 4½ lug to fit stock Z lug patterning.

But when it comes to the back spacing i'm lost on what would be my best bet, intially i thought 4" BS would work fine, but after searching and reading some here, i'm seeing alot of 5 & 5½ BS setups.

I don't want to install any kind of flares, i'll roll my back fenders if i have too, but it didn't look like there was much to work with back there. So what would you guys suggest, do i need to bite the bullet and downsize to a 7" wheel? change the BS up to account for stock fenders/suspension? etc...

I just bought 2 15x8 weld drag lites with a 5.5" backspacing. From what I measured it should fit fine with stock fenders (I also have coilovers). WHen I get them and testfit I will post again about the fitment. I believe you would want a 5" BS with a 7" wheel.

JT