HybridZ

$260 heater control valve-ouch!!!

Zerrari GTO

I'm rebuilding the heater box in my 1978 280 and the heater control valve is shot. I contacted Motorsport Auto to order their $81.56 replacement and it seems that there are none left in the US and they have to be ordered from Japan. New price $260. They are on back order so I went ahead and placed the order-no choice. I have looked all over and haven't found one other than the MS one.

I really just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on this because eventually they will be gone everywhere. It may be time for some of the heater/AC gurus on this site to see if there are suitable replacements available from other makes or models of cars...hey, it's been done with wiper motors and blower motors so far.

That's not good. I guess I got mine just in time.

That is a rather unique piece. I think that a whole aftermarket setup is a good alternative to the Datsun piece. I'm going to go vintage air sometime in the next year or so, possibly in the spring so That would mean I have an extra control valve available. How close are you to street time?