HybridZ

Cons of bigger injectors and MAF???

Lewis Maudlin

What are the cons of bigger injectors and MAF?

Cost... about $1000? Injectors, MAF and reprogramming.

MPG??? Isn't this going to cut my mpg significantly? i have trouble keeping my foot out of the accelerator.

Reprogramming...I have a Mine's VX Rom ECU and a stock ECU. I guess I could just have the stock ECU reprogrammed.

If I do change, am I correct in understanding that I can turn out 350rwhp at<15psi. Will I need a bigger turbo? Got a T25 now.

Well with keeping your foot out of the gas now if you have a tuneable standalone. As I am no familiar with the ECU you speak of I cant say, but if its tuneable I would think there would be no change during everyday driving, until of cours you put your foot into.

That said I would think the stock driveability should still be there along with the mileage.

if you want about 350whp then your going to need the garrett gt2871r. Gas mileage will not be killed if you get a reprogrammed ecu or go standalone it all depends on your foot at that point. the reliability depends on how much you beat on the motor too. as far as mpg goes that depends on the tuning with bigger injectors and maf, there is no bad side to it, just need it tuned right

So what you are saying is that if I want to upgrade at all, it will be best to go standalone then turbo then MAF and injectors. $1000 standalone and $1000 turbo. $2500 before I see a return...

Oh well, I guess I will just keep driving. BTW, which standalone is the most cost effective? I would like plug and play with laptop or other control.

You're asking for around 60-80% power increase from the engine and if you have trouble keeping your right foot off the gas, that is going to cost you mpg. It entirely depends how you drive it though. Bloke here in australia does retuning of the S13 SR (and CA) ECUs. http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/daughterboards.shtml lots of people here have had good results and he makes a pre-tuned chip for a few different upgrades which have seen 270 (aussie) rwhp from cars with S15 T28s. You might consider that a cheaper alternative. Dave