HybridZ

Why not the LD28 block too?

ezzzzzzz

there is a reason to use the block, but there are a few reasons that people don't use it.

Pros:

Taller deck height, gives room for a better rod/stroke ratio than a normal deck height l-series.

cons:

it is front sump, the head bolts are 12mm, l20b front cover must be sourced out, 83.5mm bore doesn't allow for a really big bore size.

I can think of about 3 people on this board who have either thought of going the ld28 block route or who have actually done it..

oh yeah, search and you will find.

-Oliver

yeh ... well the front sump issue kinda sucks but you can use the pickup and pan from a 240z but you have to route an external oil line to the front of block to rear. head bolt situation i just had the holes in the head made bigger to fit the bigger bolts, the l20b cover is not that hard to find.. comes in a truck.. and as far as the bore .. yes very small but . i was able to fit 90mm ka pistons in it by sleeving the block :P oh yeh and the rods .. z20 baby 6 INCH, and the ld28 crank everyone knows wasnt designed to spin very high .. so i got it knifedged and balanced with rods and 240z front pully.