HybridZ

Calling all experts

Guest znow white

Guest znow white

Hey people I dont post here as much as I use to I just linger in the dark :P but now I call ON all You experts. I posted on zcar but to no avail Ill just paste my post.

"Hey yall been really stumped here with this problem im havin in my car. After swapping in the l28et and wiring it up it starts has a really high idle 2k+. When driving and WOT it starts popping feels underpowered and drives like ****. ALthough sometimes the first 4 minutes of driving it will pull hard and strong than get the symptoms I was referring to above.

Wayne Monteath was down here today and brought all his nifty gadget testers we did lots of tests. I know the computer is trying to compensate for something if I pinch the vacuum line on intake going to air regulator, this other emission valve (forgot name) and factory BOV it goes down to 1k rpm. I am running open turbo LOUD (downpipe being built) so the o2 sensor is not hooked up when I had it on same issue... the egr pipe is plugged. MY timing is good, fuel pressure/volume it pumps is good, got a good hot spark, good compression and I have good vacuum pressure. and alternator putting out 12.9v. ... during the swap I had one wire for air regulator not hooked up (it was optional) on efi plugs and now it is. I am referring to plug 3 on efi harness diagram green wire it is now hooked up to 12 v switched. Wayne suspects the air regulator is not performing correctly I have a spare working one ill try tomorrow. The thing is I see many members not running any emmission "crap" on intake with no issues absolutly.and my fuel inj are firing because it runs dont know how well the spray is. Havent tested distributer/coil its getting spark Iam doubting that also. I have a spare fpr I might try on also tomorrow but im not to optimistic. Which leaves me with AFM I Know my its fuel/air mxiture isnt good due to the computer making engine rev so high. Iam trying to eminate the culprits. "

edit: If anyone knows where I can find a good host I have a 1 mb video of what the car is doing.

update: changed air regulator with other working didnt get car started because dead batterey ( and i dont think its alternator not charging i left it on ON position and killed it. PLEASE HELP ME Iam thinking vacuum leak I dont have to run emissions i might just eliminate all emission crap!

Guest znow white

thanks for the replies guys I changed air regulator and started her up I am still having the same issues . I will try replacing all intake hoses and tighten up the plugged ones ....the ones that are plugged are with a bolt very tight in the line I am sure they dont leak through there. Iam quite embarrased to say this ghetto fabulous way :S but its only temporary till I get my cleaner looking intake on...since i dont have to do emmission.

thanks for all the input

p.s. is there anything else beside choke cleaner i could use...?

Guest znow white

update: took off aac, air regulator and egr Blocked them all off with aluminum plates and gasket sealer. i also blocked off a vacuum port on throttle body which tied into air regulator mess. The idle is much lower use to be 2.5k but it will start and shut off sometimes and when i give it some throttle it starts to stumble, also its like i have to trick it to get into idle mode some times its idling really rough and sometimes its smooth im really stumped SOMeONE please help me I have done everything possible.