HybridZ

Camaro Radiator

The JTR rad is a version of the narrow f-body rad, hard to find in JY's anymore. I got my first one out of a V6 Chevy full size van. The next one we bought from JTR. The JTR rad is a new, quality, time tested piece and works excellent with the Taurus fan to cool any V8 in an S30. It is also quite reasonably priced.

Check out autozone. I went to autozone.com and looked up a '86 camaro radiator and they offer 2 with lifetime warranties. One brass for $117 and the other is aluminum for $119. They are also thicker or as thick (cant remember exactly) as the JTR ones. I havent tried one to make sure it fits perfectly but the size looks right and you cant beat that price for new and a lifetime warranty.

Guest tony78_280z

Not being a JTR guy, how difficult is it to mount this radiator by fabbing my own mounts? Anybody done this? Anybody got some pics?

Asside, what would be a reasonable temperature range to run a v8? I was thinking 180-195 wasn't too hot, now I'm starting to wonder if that might be pushing the limit.

Hey guys, JTR says that Stealth conversions has the best rad for the job, and its a modified 84-86 Camaro Radiator, how well will the OEM replacement work with a 350? will it work with the JTR mounts and cool decently? thanks.

Should work fine.

Not being a JTR guy' date=' how difficult is it to mount this radiator by fabbing my own mounts? Anybody done this? Anybody got some pics?

Asside, what would be a reasonable temperature range to run a v8? I was thinking 180-195 wasn't too hot, now I'm starting to wonder if that might be pushing the limit.[/quote']

If you can bend simple sheetmetal, it should be easy for you. You might have to get a simple bit of welding done, but that should be easy. Get the JTR manual---the dimensions are in there.

180 to 195 degrees is fine in most cases.

Davy