HybridZ

Panasport C8 Racing wheels

Why are they for racing use only? Once I get it back, I will only drive my Z to go to the track and occasionally go to shows/gatherings. I'm registering it as an antique which exempts me from vehicle inspections but I'm not allowed to ever drive it for primary transportation.

I really want [much] wider wheels than my 16x7 panasports. Do I have any options? I really like the way the Panasports look. I hate seeing the wheel selection they have available for racing use, but only seeing the boring 7" ones for the street. ;)

I think it has to do with the thickness of the metal actually used for the wheel

street wheels need a bit of thickness so they're resistant to bending or breaking from potholes and such.

race tracks are smooth so the wheels don't have to be as thick, making for a lighter wheel.

thats just what i've heard, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Lunar is onto it. Get a racing rim and the first decent pothole you hit at speed will see the end of it.

Thats also why lots of racing rims are 3-piece. For if (when?) the driver hits a ripple strip sideways and bends one, you don't have to replace the entire rim, just the outer shell section.

Thats as I understand it anyway.

Dave