HybridZ

Starting my install today, will be out of contact: but a few burning questions...

Chaoticmass

How do I tell if my MS is Hall/Opto or VR? When you purchase a pre-built MS from RS-Autosport they have you specify if you want Hall/Opto or VR. I ordered mine from DIYAutotune.com and they never asked me that question. Is it safe to assume it's Hall/Opto?

I have the PCB 2.2 MS with MSnS loaded on it. I forgot that I'm going to need to do something about the low impedance injectors. There's talk of building some 'thing' to fix this (resistor pack or something), but building stuff sounds out of my depth so I wonder if there is a guide for that or some other way to go. I read somewhere on here that the stock EFI wiring harness will have the resistors in it already and if I use that I will be fine. Is this true? I'm wiring my own harness with wires bought from RS-Autosport. If the resistors are in the stock harness then maybe I can get them out somehow?

Car is currently located at Jerry's All Z (if you're in DFW you know it). Going out there today to get started on the install. I seriously dont think I'll get it running today since I still have so many unanswered questions, but I'll do what I can until I figure out the rest.

If anyone is local to DFW and can help, my # is 972-757-9855. I can offer beer money or something if you help me out :burnout:

I belive (correct me if I am wrong) that the pre-built boards have the flyback board (for low impedance injectors) built in. It is my understanding that regular injectors will run fine with the flyback board installed even though they dont need it so DIY builds it ("DIY builds it" thats funny!) capable of both low and high impedence injectors.

As for the tach signal, you need to tell us what you have.

if you bought a 2.2 board you more than likely do not have a flyback board. The 3.0 has it built on, the 2.2 require it as a sisterboard to run the injectors.

Also if you ordered your board from DIY, they probably soldered both circuits onto the board, hall & points. One takes an optical or VR sensor, the other takes the signal from the negative of the coil. However if you have a 2.2 board i don't think you have VR capability that is 3.0 board feature. None the less, there is a jumper that you install to switch from hall or points.

Hope that doesn't confuse you,

-Ed

I belive (correct me if I am wrong) that the pre-built boards have the flyback board (for low impedance injectors) built in. It is my understanding that regular injectors will run fine with the flyback board installed even though they dont need it so DIY builds it ("DIY builds it" thats funny!) capable of both low and high impedence injectors.

As for the tach signal' date=' you need to tell us what you have.[/quote']

Perhaps I need to email DIY to get the straight dope on what they sold me and what it will do.

Just get the resistors and wire them like stock.

Does the stock wiring harness have the resistors? Where can I get the resistors and what kind do I need?

You have to run an HEI module and wire it up the old way.

Was expecting to use an HEI module, but now I'm confused as to what type of distributer I should run. I thought the 83 optical one was the way to go?

Thanks for the good information.