HybridZ

Talon AWD terrible on slick roads?

mobythevan

Driving in snow:

There are three HUGE factors.

1)Tires

2)Suspension

3)Driver

Tires that are all season are NOT real snow tires. You want snow tires and narrow ones. A stiff suspension will NOT work in snow. You need to drive as if there are eggs under both feet and in both hands.

I drive a WRX in snow alot with Bridgestone Blizzaks at all four corners and I drive it GENTLY. It will go almost anywhere. I kept the suspension stock (soft) for this very reason. We have some VERY steep and winding hills here and I get around fine. It takes practice for sure.

Went to the alignment shop today and after they finished up the guy said that the rear toe alignment was "way off". He threw out numbers from before and after, but I just wanted to get back on the road and see if it fixed the problem. I explained the trouble I was having and he said this should fix it. So I sped home and tried it out on the dirt road, no more walking around in the back, awesome :). Have to wait for another slick day to confirm, but looks good and drove noticeably better on the pavement as well.