HybridZ

Vin Numbers

Guest 77 Z BLOWN

Guest 77 Z BLOWN

Hi I Am New To Your Site And Think It Is Great. I Have Searched Thru All Forums To Try To Find Out About My 71 240z (has Vents In Rear Hatch And A Date Stamp Of 9/70) I Just Bought. It Has A 350 Sbc And Turbo 350 Trans Both Have Had Alot Of Work Done To Them.

My Vin Number On The Car (on Dash At Windshield) Is Hls30****

It Only Has 4 Numbers After The Hls30

Is This Common For Early Model Z Cars Because It Is Not Like My

Vin Numbers On My 77 280z (also 383 Sbc 671 Blower T5 Trans)

Any Help On This Subject

Thanks Dennis

1970 models were mfg.from 10/69 thru 5/70 with a VIN between 000013 and 021000.

No, that's not accurate at all. I think you need to check the source of your information.

77 BLOWN Z,

If your car has the date stamp you describe ( 9/70 ) on the door jamb tag, then it won't be too far wrong; at the most a month 'out' from the actual date it rolled off the assembly line.

Don't worry about having only four digits in your body serial number after the 'HLS30' prefix. It sounds correct and ties in with the door jamb tag stamp data. Nissan increased the number of digits in the body serial numbers when they started running out of numbers. It would appear that they sold rather more cars than they expected they were going to when they first started the body serial sequence back in mid 1969........