HybridZ

2+2 vs 2 Seater Hatch

Chewievette

I was wondering exactly what the differences are between the 2+2 and 2 seater hatches on the 240z. Before my other post got erased yesterday someone said the hinges are different, could the 2+2 hatch still be installed on the 2 seater? Is the length the only dimensional difference? How much shorter is it? I've got another one of those devious plans...

240z 2+2? I thought 260z znd 280z were the only models to come out 2+2. Well anyways the door hinges were the different on 71-72, 73-75?, 76?-78. I believe that whether or not it was a 2+2 didn't make a difference in what hinges were used, it was the production date. The hatch is longer on a 2+2, same with the doors.

Sorry, moment of ignance... You know what I meant, probably.

I thought the 2+2 hatch was shorter. It seems like it would be I've never seen one in person so I dont know but if memory serves the roof to tail height distance is the same but the length is shorter making a steeper hatch slope and therefore shorter in overall length. I dont really care about the hinges I can always fab different ones or modify something. If the hatch isn't shorter then it isnt going to work for me.