HybridZ

Pete, your brake setup question?

I noticed at your site that you're using the Stewert LBS damper in your brake system. I'm going to use this also, but my question is, why are you using a proportioning valve with this? According to Stewert you don't need a proportioning valve,and in fact don't like them.

Mike kZ,

Call it information/scope creep. At first, my braking system consisted of toyota 4x4 calipers on the Z discs up front and the early/late 280ZX discs on the rear. I added the 280ZX master cylinder, took out the stock Z proportioning valve, and added the proportioning valve on the tunnel, below the knee.

Then Jim Biondo offered me his wheels and tires and that grew to the stubs axles, 280Z companion flanges, custom CV adapters, and Arizona Z racing brakes (albeit the old version with non-vented rear discs) as well. He had put longer, larger (1/2") studs in the stubs, and longer 7/16" studs in the front hubs, so I got those also.

So now the car has better wheels, tires, brakes, stubs, etc. than before. I doubt I'll ever need all those brakes can offer, but the tire may still be limiting if I ever upgrade to 400+ Horsies (I'm already thinking about a Procharger, as a later upgrade once she's on the road wink.gif.

Then Jim told me about Stewart components and their water pumps, which are very highly touted in the circle track/NASCAR circles. And Jim mentioned that alot of the NASCAR set use the Stewart LBS. So I ordered both at the same time.

Man, if I could stay on one track, maybe the car would get finished! Sound familiar, SpencZ? wink.gif

So, to make a long story short, I had the proportioning valve first, then added the LBS, but left the valve in place. I'll just leave it opened. Looks kind of trick on the tunnel, no? Actually, I'm just too lazy to take it out.

Mike kZ, that is going to be one beast! Love the pics Lee took!

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@tidalwave.net">pparaska@tidalwave.net -