HybridZ

Out and about in the Z...

Guest ON3GO

So..

yesterday was my true 1st day out in the Ole Blue Z... drove it around abit, got alot of stares, and a few camera phone pictures by young ladies in there cars.

but a small problem caused my night to end to early, plus Thumpers Z had oil pressure problems..

so today me and J (73Turbo240z) and i farted around town to get a few things done for him and my Z. i went home, fixed what i thought was the problem (turned out it was 2 things but oh well), and got it done with some time to go out and drive it abit.

hop in it, press the start button, back out of the drive way.

get about 17 feet out onto the road when a kid yells and stops me....

"dude that car is insane! what is it, is it a porsche! its soooo loud, is it fast, how much did it cost, wow!"

i could even stop him he was talking so fast... me.... "thanks man, its a new civic with a avenger 2008 body kit with carbon fiber lug nuts, its got about 800 killa watts of power to all 4 wheels, its pretty fast"... hahahahaha

he just kept saying "wow, oh wow"..

so i drive off, get on to a main road and start going... slow.

the damn car is pretty loud, i guess you can say a open downpipe with just a turn down about 2in's away from the ground.

its got no hood right now, and my headlights are pretty bright plus sorta HID ricey look.. helll ya! so i know im gonna get some un wanted attenton..

i get maybe a min down the road when i get the red and blue lights behind me.

pull over, turn the car off... bad thing is once i turn the car off my lights go out, just the way i wired the car.. so when the cop comes next to me he says "put your lights on"... so i turn it on but then my fan kicks on and he says "turn that off".. so i turn the switch off and the lights go out.. now the cop is pissed "what did i tell you boy, turn those lights on"... me... "sir if i turn the lights on i have to turn the main switch on, which in turn turns the fan and etc on..."

him.." well we have a problem dont we"... me.. "no sir we dont, its just my car thats being a *******, sir".. he then giggled abit. lol.

he told me to start the car, i did.. LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

he yells turn it off, i do and he then starts drilling me on why my car is too loud and etc etc etc etc blah blah blah.

tells me "cool car but to loud, plus you no im being nice with ya son"... "yes sir!"

he was too, it really isnt legal yet, no real seat belt, no turn signal, no front parking lights, no side markers, no good, no working speedo or tach, no real exhaust, no real tags either.

so i tell the cop im just gonna get a drink at sonics and go home, so he said fine but make it fast but not tooooo fast.. haha.

i drive on by, down the road a black LS1 SS gives me a rev and a thumbs up, same does a STi with exhaust and his buddy in a nice little civic hatchback that looked to be turbo'ed..

get to sonics, have to turn the car off to order, place my order, girl comes out (cute but too young. hence a reason for my sig, plus im a jackass lol) and she starts telling me how nice my car is and its so cute and etc etc..

i say thanks and pay, she starts walking off.. hehe i start it and rev the piss out of it.. she must have jumped a mile, it was so damn funny. im still laughing about it.

drive home, little room to gas it (played with my timing today some) and nail it.. Pulled awesome for 7psi and not one miss or break up! so happy.

so all in all it was a okay day, i smell light fuel and exhaust, my head hurts, and my eyes burn but i have a smile on..

man i missed driving this thing sooooo much!

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z

you neglected to mention 2 things:

1. in the past 2 days my car hasn't broken once :-D

2. you were the only one that got pulled over today, but i'll let you type up that story, i don't feel like it.

*photography by me, catching the pedophile in action*

3502_p105282.jpg

i have a stock one right now, i just havent had time to pick it up.

i will be getting a C/F for it soon though.

thanks for the kind words :)..

and J ill type ur story up soon..

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
ohh man... you 3 tearing up the streets in Houston..

way to represent the Z!! whoo whoo!!

73turbo240z... what are ya doin about the tranny issue??

Mike.. amazing car my man.. what hood ya goin with? my opinion.. a c/f hood will top it all off ;)

check out mine http://www.putfile.com/proxlamus

gonna work on getting a KA 5spd behind the L28... in the mean time i'm on my second 5psd, a 280z n/a one this time that i hate... gearing just isn't matched worth crap for the 3.54 rear end.

i'm officially out of transmissions now, gave thumper my spare 4spd original from my 73' so he could drive with us.

i hated my 77 5speed and same rear end and hated it.

put the 280zx n/a 5speed in and loved it!!

but im going with a LSD 3.54 rear end and a Z32 TT tranny!

mike

theres a guy in texas that will take your rear end and make it a LSD diff, i forget the thread on here though..

im do some research on the Z32 TT rear end, ill keep u posted.

im still open to diff idea though.

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
The difference is night and day! No more large rpm drops. I love this setup! It's what I have on my ZXT.

The gap between 2-3 on my 280z really sucks...

Sweet story' date=' and damn, your car looks so sweet even when its not done!

Mario[/quote']

damn straight that 2-3 is crap on my car.

Surprisingly the 77 280 tranny I had in my L28 turbo Z lasted longer than any of the 81-83 zx trannys that I tried. I realy liked the gearing of the later tranny, but the early one lasted longest (for me anyway).

BTW, way to represent out there in Houston!!