HybridZ

Clearing the engine compartment

Guest bushell23

Guest bushell23

Gonna do the LS1 conversion soon I hope and am getting ready to clear the eng comp to get ready for paint, etc. Those of you who have done it, it looks like everything gets axed as far as the datsun stuff goes except for the fuel lines, master cyl., accessory wire harness and clutch master in the long run. Correct?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Quite a few people replace the fuel lines, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, and wiring as well. You probably want to upgrade your brakes to add extra stopping power to go with your extra horsepower. Figure out your goal and determine what you need to get there. You may as well do everything you need to do while the engine is out. I wound up completely disassembling the front end and replacing all the bushings with eurethane, new tie rod ends, coilovers, upgraded brakes, etc.

Here's a photo of mine.I'm installing a TPI 350,and since the engine's going to be basically brand new,might as well get a new master cylinder...and a new booster....and new braided lines....and a new clutch master....and new front suspension....:icon56:Pictures-025.jpg