HybridZ

spraying with roundtop su's on a L26

OlderThanMe

so I feel like I have some good power on my motor and since I am now redoing everything on my Z...Aluminium dash,new clutch,coilovers...I was thinking I would like to add a little 25-50 shot of nitrous just "in case" I am just behind them I would like a little extra kick but I would like it to be all hidden...use a tiny co2 bottle or two and have jets just inside my air cleaners. I have beat a couple turbo ricers around town and even a 03 vette once...(probably didn't know how to drive)...I would like to keep the total cost of my Z under 12k and I already have ~7.5k in it now. I would like to keep it under $300 for the setup and will probally route the nitrous lines under the fuel lines.

My Z is more of a handling based car rather than straight line crazyness...just a little will do me good.

I think I could just use a dry shot system since I run the carbs a little rich.

thanks

any thoughts or considerations would be appreciated.

don't be cheap with nitrous. that is the last place to be cheap, because one screw up, it's done. i have run nitrous on a lot of my cars, and my 3.1 is going under the knife, and comming out a fire breathing monter with no less then a 75hp shot. BUT the fuel system will also support over 700 hp. im doing a direct port, two fuel pumps, two regulators all the fun stuff.

just get a fuel solemoid, nitrous solenoid. lines, blah blah, two fogger nozzles. IE a 300zx twin turbo wet kit. you can stick them in the thick 240 insulators on the carbs, or drill and tap the air horns, and run them inside the air filters.

I was looking at that kit in my Jeg's magazine...I would just have to set it up for two jets...one for each carb since I don't have the 1 piece air cleaner any more. I just think that that 10 oz. bottle is not enough. I do have several paintball Co2 tanks that are rated to 3000 psi that I could use.

Just drill and tap the intake runners for the nozzles. If you want to hide them drill em underneath where they are hard to see and can be covered up. We had a 150 shot fogger system ready to go on our triple Mikuni setup and then decided against it after the local cops told me they would tow the car if they found it on there on the street (the local cops know the car well and havnt been able to legally nail us so far).

so you just put the jets right after the carbs or right before the intake gasket? I have seen a pi9cture of a motor with triple minukis and 6 jets right before the gasket. I don't want to do anything crazy...just a little suprise incase of a turbo civic or to be able to keep up with a vette that has a driver that knows how to drive...not many around here...

direct port, would be 6 nozzles placed somewhere before the head/intake gasket, and after the carbies.

be it you're runnin efi, itb's, triples, or su's same rule applies for all, just different fuel pressure. nitrous kits don't like anything below 7 psi of fuel pressure. screws up the a/f mixture. all the carb kits are jetted for 7 psi at said lb/min.

su's are the easiest to be sneaky with. next is efi. the manifolds on su's don't warrant enough clearance below the manifold/between the header and manifold to do a direct port. kind of hard to be sneaky with a long motor and not much in the engine bay as it is {IE carbed cars}

just some more idea's for ya

The N20 plumbing is legal in CA as long as the Nitrous bottle isn`t in the car.

Well that makes sense, but since when do people drive their street cars around with no nitrous bottle in it? Or were you referring to it actually "inside" the car instead of the trunk?

I was told by 3 seperate officers (2 city cops and 1 CHP) if they pulled me over (or got me parked i na parking lot when they raised my hood) and found the nitrous hooked up to a bottle period they would tow me. Thats enough of a incentive not to put it on. Ive seen 3 cars towed so far this last year from the local hangouts when the cops decided to come in and raise everyones hoods.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sss510six/detail?.dir=15c7&.dnm=8739.jpg&.src=ph

I wouldn`t know anything about running around with N20 plumbing on the car in CA.What I do is put a plug when driving around in public,if your bright enough these days to hangout at the local drag racer funeral proccession line out to the races in CA then a tow by the cops is just desserts.