HybridZ

Axles came today again... 1 question

Lunar240z

I started re-assembling my axles from Ross[ who btw is awesome], and i don't know how to put the cv boot clips on... i tried the hose seperator tool... and couldn't cinch them down...and beyond that i don't know what my options really are. Anybody got any tips? Is there a special tool i need?

Maybe should i take it down to the dealer?

cvaxleboot.jpg

be173980.jpg

!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:!!

You need Ear Type CV Joint Boot Clamp Pliers similar to these: http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?811 I purchased a set a while ago from my local auto parts store. Most auto parts stores that sell tools such as Pepboys and Napa should have similar pliers.

To use them you put the clamp on the boot as tight as possible before using the pliers. Then you simply open the pliers, put them on part that sticks of the clamp and clamp it down.

• 4 weeks later...

lunar,

I am to the point where i need to clamp my boots down, but i can't find Oetiker Clamps in the proper size. where did you get yours? it seems that they need to be ~108mm for the large ones and ~40mm for the small ones, no one here seems to be able to find them.

Thanks,

gaberoc