HybridZ

what shuld I buy for a V8 swap

Guest liquidblackracing

Guest liquidblackracing

hey whats up every one,

my name is marshall and i just joined. i dont have a z car yet but my dad does. my dads is a 250 gto ferrari body kit and a 283 v8 motor. I am 19 and i wanna bild me a car. a z car in fact. i know i wanna put a v8 in it. i will be doing this my self. i am going to nascar tech in mooresville nc and learning so much. but i wanna build me a sweet z car. but i dont know what to buy. i dont know what model i want either 240 260 or 280 z. i like them all. i dont know if there is an eazyer car to put a v8. but i love z cars and i have liked them all my life and now that i am on my own i want one. i probly wont have enuff money right away for the v8 swap but i know i wanna go all out on the motor. i know i wanna go carbarated but i dont know what size. i know a 350 goes in eazy but does any one know whats the bigest you can put in there? what should look for in a z car when i am buying it? what kind of rear end should i get to handle all the power. is there any mounting kits for v8s out there. there is just so many questions i have but i cant even think of them all. i would apprieciate you time if you would answer me back

thanks

marshall

oh ps here is my dads 250 gto sight

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205052

tell me what you think

OHHHHHHH SNAP! Just when I go on rants to the mods about deleting and bitching about people searching a thread like this pops up. :beatdeadh

OK man, your questions are WAY to vauge and you really need to plan an afternoon to sit here and search!

:search::newbie:

Welcome to the site! Lots of good info here. Lason is right though, try using the "search" function first and see what you can find.

As for which model to hybrid, I would say the main consideration is just emissions compliance in your state. Some Zs might have different emissions requirements based on production year.

Again welcome! Enjoy!

Try spending some time looking at the photos in the members galleries as well.Tons of ideas there.What I do when I see a members gallery that I'd like to use some ideas from,or is at the same stage of restoration as myself,I check their posts,and chances are,they asked the same questions as I would have.Good luck!