HybridZ

Guage Discovery 2" to 2&5/8"

Guest tony78_280z

Guest tony78_280z

In my 78 While trying to install some cheap-o 2' mechanical guages in the Z...

On a whim i choose to rip out the dash clock. It don't work anyway, and I got a clock on my CD player. I began to destroy the guage and find out how I could install my cheap-o 2' oil psi guage in the clock pod. That is when I made the discovery that the clock has a perfect ring adaptor for 2' to the 2&5/8' size of the Z guage pod. I simply duct taped the oil PSI guage into the ring, put the Z clock front of the pod back on and stuck it back into the dash. There it looks almost stock!

The only problem is, this being the front of the clock pod, it has that silly time set push and screw thing.

So, if a person had a couple of sets of guages laying around. He could use the clock pod (with the 2' to 2&5/8' adapter thing i discovered), and mount it into one of the other two guages pod faces (without the clocks time setting spinning thing) and it should look pretty cool!

If I ever see a Z in the junkyard again (getting rare around here) I'll experiment more with this.