HybridZ

My temporarily exhaustive ms questions list

badjuju

I have so many questions running through my head right now that it's making me stressed out just thinking about the project.

Please tell me if and where i'm messing up on these steps, and please add anything you think i'm missing. I am using v 2.2 with msns-e, and a relay board, on an 81 turbo.

1. I will do tonyd's mod for the cas

2. Vref to my red 240 sx tps sensor wire

3. TPS to my white wire

4. TPS Ret to my black wire

5. Air temp sensor to punch down 16, or MAT.

6. Air temp ground to punch down 17, or MAT ret

7. same with coolant temp, but to

8. O2 to punch down 20

What amperage of fuses do i use on my relay board? the wiring daigram says 10 amp for the fuel pump, so i think i should do that, 20 amp for the main fuse (maybe 30), but the diagram says 2 amp on the way to the injectors and on the way to the main relay. does this mean that i do a 2 amp on the main and look to the 5 amp fuses for the injector banks? does it really make sense that i'm using a 5 amp behind a 2 amp?

Does my tach input still come from the dizzy though i'm using an 81 turbo? what color is the wire?

What wire, specifically, do i run to my fuel pump punch down (# 5 at http://www.bgsoflex.com/mspower/mspower_ShemV1.2.pdf )

Since i have an 81 cas, where do i run my fidle to?

Am i to understand that though there are two wires for each bank (and two screw downs on the relay board for each bank), and the diagram shows two injectors, each with one wire going to it, that it will really be two wires coming from megasquirt (or in my case, 2 screw downs), going to three injectors for each bank?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106942&highlight=resistor+pack

after looking at those posts, i'd like to run my origional resistor pack, but run it through mega squirt. i have no problem seeing how to do this with just the ms board, just run all 6 injectors from one power source, then separate the 6 resistors into 2 groups of three, then run three injectors off of each group of resistors, and then the ms setup grounds them to turn them on, and since i'm running a relay board, they will be grounded with 2 amp fuses. now the question comes up - i have 4 screw down terminals for the injector power, do i simply run the power side of the resistor packs into one of these screw downs? if i were to do this, wouldn't i be going above and beyond the 2 amp fuses? the only way i see this not happening is if the fuses provided by my relay board are between my megasquirt and the ground provided by the relay.

what leads me to beleive that the fuses are in between the megasquirt box and the ground provided by the relay board is that the fuse terminals say "INJ1" and "INJ2", whereas the power for the injectors only say "INJECTOR +12V", they do not differentiate between the two injector bays. Can someone confirm this for me? or tell me that it makes sense at least? the worst that could happen is i'll blow a fuse or two but i'd really like to just have it work the first time.

i feel like i read and read and read but i still have more questions than a dog has fleas.

Thanks for all your help everyone, check back tomorrow around 2-3ish to see my progress!

Or would it be a problem to just leave the power the way it is, use a voltage meter to decide current flow, ignore the +12v injector power terminals, modify the stock resistor pack by splitting the outputs into 2 groups of 3, then only connect the "out" side of the injector power into the relay board?

If all of those questions above were answered, it would help eliminate the ulcer i've started up just for this project.

thanks guys,

alec

PM prox and ask him how we hooked up his injectors. WE used the stock resistor pack, but I can't remember now if we only run one wire for power. IF there is only one wire in the harness then I am sure we only ran one and didn't worry about the current draw being too high. See what he has to say about that specific question.

If you want to know specifically which wire to use for the CAS I would PM Tony D. on that one.

The specific wire for the fuel pump? I can't remember. I cracked open the car schematics and tracked it down to a connector under the glove box, by the passenger door and then connected that wire to the relay board.