HybridZ

Running way too rich!

I spent the better part of last night searching this topic. I just swapped in an 81 turbo engine into my 75 and got it wired good enough to start and run. However it is running very rich, so rich it won't even idler and revs rough. Most opinions I found last night pointed to the water temp sensor, so I attacked that first. I replaced the connector, pulled out the sensor and cleaned all corrosion off of it and test continuity, all seemed fine. When the car is running I can disconnect the wire and no change happens. So I attempted to find where this wire goes. I can't seem top find the other end to test wire continuity. Does anyone know where that wire goes? From the factory wiring diagram it seems to only be a activator switch for the injector fan (which I don't have) but I can't find where that wire comes back out of the harness. Am I on the right track or am I missing something else that could be causing rich condition?

Definitely check the AFM connector and the ECU connectors. I accidentally left my AFM unplug at one point and started the car up and it smoked like a chimney because too much fuel. The temp sensor richen the mixture but not comparable to the enrichment of the AFM. GL