HybridZ

my tranny

300zxRB26

ok so not to long ago i replaced my clutch and rear main seal in my 88t. When i pulled the tranny i noticed where the oil was leaking from. It was leaking from the shaft casing in the front of the tranny. My problem is that i took it apart and replaced the gasket with RTV but it's still leaking. Could a plug up somewhere be causing pressure in the case and causing to blow out the front casing? What are your thoughts? It's is so bad that my clutch slips every now and then from the oil on the pressure plate.

Guest Jason84NA-T

Sounds like it's either still leaking from the rear main (bad seal, bad install, unsmooth crank surface, etc) or the front transmission seal. It would help if you could say if it was leaking engine oil or gear lube.

Yeah, I bet if its coming from the input shaft its likely the input shaft seal... if you own an 89-94 Maxima you'll become very accustomed to replacing input shaft seals and bearings. :lol:

If it is, depending on the design of the tranny you'll likely need to pull the whole tranny apart to replace it. Hopefully that's not the case and its just motor oil leaking from the rear main seal again.

Good luck with it!