HybridZ

what order?

i tried searching for this but i didn't find too much.

i'm starting too strip my Z ( i can't get really too into the swap because i'm moveing soon.) but i was wondering what order you guys did things. i'm trying to plan out which way to go about it. i'm thinking after its striped, too start on the engine/drivetrain/electrical, then frame supports, suspension/brakes etc, and keep body work(paint etc..) till last. (I don't have a limit on time).

First question is what do you intend to do with the car? 1/4 mile. roadrace. street? I would recommend to do the frame support and body reinforments/rust repair first. Then the susnsion and brakes. Then the drive train. That's MY opinion only. I'm sure other's here have different approach's to the same end. Welcome to hybridz. Enjoy the ride.:mrgreen:

Guest ON3GO

dont do paint till last.

if you want to do a test mock up with the engine and wiring 1st then do that.

reason i say that is you can see where everything will go and if you want to do some custom stuff like hide the wiring, filling in holes in the engine bay, and etc. you can the do that.

thats what i plan on doing with my blue Z the 3rd go around.

mike

First question is what do you intend to do with the car? 1/4 mile. roadrace. street?

well its going to be a street car that can smoke those ricers that pull up in there lawn mowers.:burnout:

I'm going to be putting alot of hours and money in this car. i think it will take 1-2 years to fully finish. (well mabye not fully is any car really fully finished)

so i should do all the body work(except paint) first after test fit.i'm also going to be installing a roll cage, when should i do that? i assume near the begning.

one thing i lucked out on is the floor pans are in good shape, the only real rust problem is on the drivers side fender but i think i'm going to do a wide body and the flares should take the spot of the rust.