HybridZ

What to do with my spare L24?

pjo046

I have a spare L24 engine( pulled it from the car due to the L28ET swap).

I was thinking of rebuilding it later on. It has the E31 head. I have read

that this is a desirable head?

(http://www.geocities.com/zgarage2001/heads.html)

I am wondering wether to turbocharge this engine, or to up the compression and put on a header and so on. Is it doable to turbocharge this engine, or is it a bad idea with that head? L6 engines are hard to come by over here in Norway. If they weren't I wouldn't have bothered rebuilding this, as a 2.8L block would be a better starting point. But what would you recommend doing with this engine I have? If I choose to build it up a bit as a N/A, can it become a snappy little thing, or will it not make any good power?(All N/A builds I hear about on here and at zcar.com etc are 2.8liters or strokers. Not sure what this engine is capable of)

I am not looking to spend much on it. If I turbocharge it I already have a set of spare manifolds lying around, and a set of L28ET pistons I could put in it if I bored it up. Also I have the stock P90 turbocam that I am not using. Perhaps this could go into the E31 head? Furthermore I have a L28ET ECU and wiring harness.

If I go the N/A route I have a pair of SU's that look real nice, and I would

buy a header and a 1mm HG or even the 0.7mm HG if someone still sells it, and also an upgraded cam.

What are your thoughts on this matter?