HybridZ

Extreme LT1 upgrades, advise please..

Here's a link to the LT4 hot cam kit from summit Racing: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=NAL%2D12480002&N=115&autoview=sku

It's a pretty good deal, for $530 you get the cam, roller rockers, springs, etc.

Here's a link to advanced induction packages for the LT1:

http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiProductsLT1.html

I callked Lloyd at eportworks http://www.eportworks.com/LT1LE1.htm yesterday and he was very helpful. He recommended the LE2 head with the LE1 cam for $1650 (he uses your heads and it would take 5 - 6 weeks). He gave me a list of other things you would need including:

Comp Pro Magnum Roller Rocker Arms 1305-16

GM Guideplates 14011051

7/16 studs

Hardened push rods

Impala head gaskets

He said you need a new timing chain but you could use the stock lifters. All this would really add up!

Bartman' date='

WOW!!

I figured the heads would be complete..

HP sure can cost a lot!

Have you investigated the real HP numbers with the LT4 kit....

It seems my $2000 100 HP upgrade just went out the window..

Is a turbo the only way?

Maybe just add the Nitro?

Whats your thoughts?[/quote']I think you need to get your heads ported, the valvetrain upgraded and a different cam no matter what else you do (turbo, nitrous, stroking, etc). I also think that you need to know what your ultimately going to do in order to select the proper porting package, cam grind, and valvetrain components. there are many options and Lloyd, as well as others, can talk you through your options based on your ultimate requirements.

Advanced Induction winds up being around the same cost once you factor in a valvetrain kit and upgrades.

Adding horsepower is definitely not cheap.:shock:

Well, I'm making the plunge myself. I've got a fully ported and polished head being shipped to me next week. Now I've got a lot of parts to order and work to do. I'll let you know how it comes out, but with all the components I'm getting I should be making 400-450 rwhp!

Are you working at building a motor that will run well, not kill the gas mileage and still keep you happy with the money invested?

Can you achieve all this and exceed 400 HP?

That is my goal, do you have any idea what to expect for gas mileage?

Please tell me what upgrades your are planning to reach your HP goal.

You may be going in the same direction I would like too, and if you do not mind, I could follow your lead.

Are you working at building a motor that will run well' date=' not kill the gas mileage and still keep you happy with the money invested?

Can you achieve all this and exceed 400 HP?

That is my goal, do you have any idea what to expect for gas mileage?

Please tell me what upgrades your are planning to reach your HP goal.

You may be going in the same direction I would like too, and if you do not mind, I could follow your lead.[/quote']I posted the spec's in this other thread http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=631569. I do have similar requirements as you, and I got this specific package because I found it for sale from someone at LT1tech.com. It's brand new never been installed and I got it for a good price. The cam may be a bit too aggressive so I may buy a milder one to keep it more streetable. If I get 400 that's great, but I wouldn't be upset if it wound up being a little less than that. I wasn't planning on doing any of this now, but since it looks like I blew my head gasket I figured now is the perfect time to take care of the top end. I don't know how much impact there will be on my mileage and I don't have plans for any other upgrades until the bottom end gives out.