HybridZ

Tranny Output Shaft Seal

trwebb26

I have a 78' 280z with a 5-speed manual.

I am replacing the output shaft seal. I've ordered 3 of them now, from 3 different places - and all of them have the wrong OD. The ID is correct, but the one that everybody keeps sending me has an ID that is too small and doesn't match the bearing OD. Has anybody run into this? What is my problem?

I don't think so.... I'm not sure what is going on... Heavy85 (I work with him) told me that it may be a nismo competition tranny, but I'm not so sure. How can I tell what kind of tranny I have???

I just got my package from victoria british... now msa, victoria british, and my local car parts store have all told me that I'm on crack - and that I have some kind of strange tranny. Somebody please help. I need to get a seal for this thing.

Don't mean to threadjack here, but I have a 78 that I am going to part out. You could have any part off of it that you may need, just in case you were looking for or had trouble finding another part. However, the tranny is a 4 speed.

As for the seal, you may have to resort to scrounging around the local Autozone's assortment. You might get lucky.

Oh, yeah, and I'm pretty much "local," being in Champaign.

Pat