HybridZ

rear disks--

Guest scca

noticed the sentra converison at the end of the other thread.

WHY would anyone want MORE clamping force on the rears?? seems like a )(&**& idea to use a front caliper on the rear. whats the point?

most brake conversions need to use a brake prop valve to Limit the rear brakes they dont need more force!

they need adequate force and ease of maintenance thats why to change to the 82-3 setup

and 240sx is the same caliper bolt pattern/pad as a 82zx.

its newer and less rusty if your wrecking yard shopping.

the main reason to go to a vented rotor on the rears is Looks. the solid will work fine but looks puny behind a 17"+ wheel.

while this may seem silly - thats the way car stuff is. 50% of the stuff is done for looks, and rear brakes fall there. on a GT2 car on the track will need vented rears and so will a v8 car that will have sustained high speed use. the rest wont need vented rears .

vented fronts are a HUGE improvement, and big calipers just look good.

------------------

Mike

http://www.fonebooth.com

raceparts and brakeupgrades

Mike, I agree. I went with the Hybrid late/early 280ZX setup that's documented on this site initially mostly for looks and easier maintenance. The used AZ Z car stuff became available for half price (in great condition), so I went for it.

Big calipers look good. The AL Wilwood pieces are very light as well as large.

I just threw it up because it was something I hadn't seen before and I was hoping for a few reactions. Don't shoot the messenger. smile.gif

I'd be a little bit leary of removing the whole parking brake, unless maybe I lived in saskachewan or something. (no hills) Seems to me that a parking brake is infact useful. smile.gif

------------------

Drax240z

1973 240z - L28TURBO transplant on the way!

http://members.xoom.com/r_lewis/datsun.html

[This message has been edited by Drax240z (edited September 11, 2000).]