HybridZ

What it is all about...

Guest tony78_280z

Guest tony78_280z

Saturady weather in StL was AWESOME, One of those days that makes you just wanna go for a drive and enjoy the warm sun and cool breeze. A perfect spring day. :-D

The wife and I and the two boys (ages 5 & 6) went for a drive up the "River Road" (between Alton and Grafton.) The road is very senic runs along the Missisippi River for about 15 miles. (It is about an additional 15 miles just to get to this river road.) In Grafton we did lunch at the fish place, "Ready's" (I dunno I didn't name it). And the four of us took this cruise in my Z. Don't you wish you had a 2+2! :P

The boys love to ride in my Z, but havn't gone for more than quick jaunts around the bloock with me. Mainly because I need to put car seats in the car to take them. And also for fear of being stranded broke alongside the road with a young child. But my wife went for one ride in the two years we been together. It was around the block, and my mufflers fell off. Notice, I don't run mufflers anymore.

Driving a nearly 30 year old car with a motor and you built yourself is one thing, but when you take your family for an extended ride in the hot rod, it becomes a bit more stressfull. What if it wont start and we are stranded, what if my tranny goes out, what if the brakes fail and we crash, what if... :cry2: The Dodge Caravan is a bit less stressful for family outings. I almost talked myself out of it, but my wife didn't give in and next thing I knew, we were on our way down the road.

By request of the children, I put some Thouroughgood into the CD player. "Bad to the bone", and "Who do you love" excite the boys. It makes one proud.

I terrified the wife while delighting the children with quick tire barking launches from stop lights, and hard accelerated turns around corners. I laughed as I told them (mainly my wife) that I was holding back because I didn't want to break something while I was toting the children along. The youngest kept chanting "faster, faster" (I barely broke the speed limit) And my wife kept saying she was going to be sick. Oddly the 6 year old said very little. Motion sickness?

Lunch at the fish place was a not so much fun, so I'll skip this part.

The ride back I barely got on it, we had a pleasant cruise along the river road listening to AC/DC "Highway to Hell" and an assortment of Aerosmith.

This is what it is all about. This is why I built this car... That and smoking the guy next to me at the stoplight, but we don't play that game when we are on family outings. :icon31: