HybridZ

help car wont idle and i need a car tommrow!

v8260

first of all i have very little mecanical expericance (ok i lie, i dont have much at all). i have a 280z that is stock. wanted a little more prefomance so i installed headers. i started to install headers and put everything back went to start the car. this ridiculous poping noise at idle. i pressed the gas and it dies completely. that was yesterday and now today it wont even idle. i did remove all the intake, injectors and fuel rail to install the headers. maybe i didnt do something right when putting everything back? it wont even idle anymore and the sound coming out of the exhaust is this stupid poping noise. help please! id like to use the car tommrow.

Where is the popping noise coming from? is it down around the headers that you have just installed?

Did you use a new gasket when you installed them?

The popping noise could be exhaust gas leaking past the headers and if its leaking you may also be sucking air in past the gasket into your inlet manifold.

If you are sucking air in, you engine will be running way lean, hence the problem.

First you need to figure out where that noise is coming from and fix that up.

Once that's fixed, if it still wont run, look elsewhere.

In this process, did you remove the cap from the distributor or the leads from the cap. . . .if so. . .you may have them on in the wrong order.

good luck - Simon

Where is the popping noise coming from? is it down around the headers that you have just installed?

Did you use a new gasket when you installed them?

The popping noise could be exhaust gas leaking past the headers and if its leaking you may also be sucking air in past the gasket into your inlet manifold.

If you are sucking air in' date=' you engine will be running way lean, hence the problem.

First you need to figure out where that noise is coming from and fix that up.

Once that's fixed, if it still wont run, look elsewhere.

In this process, did you remove the cap from the distributor or the leads from the cap. . . .if so. . .you may have them on in the wrong order.

good luck - Simon[/quote']

ya its coming from the headers i think. the gasket is new. i didnt remove the cap thou. im lost....