HybridZ

more water injection info and question

Found this neat link with quite a bit of info and calculators for water injection, it might have been listed already.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

I was interested in #21 on the list about using fuel injection pump for water injection. He says it will corrode shut quicky. Has anyone here been running a 50/50 water ethanol mixture using a fuel pump?

When I first started researching water injection I found a few turbododge guys that have/are doing it with the their stock pump immersed in the tank. I've also come across a couple of guys that used to be on the dsm water injection list that used the stock l28 fuel pump, which supposedly has SS internals, a nissan fpr and nissan cold start valves that where drilled out for maximum performance. All turned on by a hobbs switch. I was going to go that route and tested my old stock turbo fuel pump for several months on the bench by running the -40d WW fluid thru the pump and a spare 440cc ford cfi injector. It never clogged or failed. I decided that for 60 bucks, I just go with the shur flo. You might want to check coolingmist.com, they had a sale on pumps a week or two ago. Northern tool has some for a good deal as well.