HybridZ

camber plates v. stock tops

Guest scca

there seems to be a consensus that the camber plates create a hugely harsh ride.

has ANYONE compared the exact same setup with and without them?

i originally had progressive rate eibachs in my car and then changed to coilover and plates at the same time, the ride "Barely" got stiffer. and it didnt bottom out anymore like it did with a full tank of gas with the eibachs. i drove the car to shasta one year with the eibachs and had to stop in portland and put in spring spacers to keep it from hitting. i would think that with poly bushings everywhere in my car that the plates have a miniscule addition to the ride.

------------------

Mike

http://www.fonebooth.com

raceparts and brakeupgrades

Good point. I heard it from Bob Worley that when he changed from stock isolators and lowering springs to camber plates and coilovers (after sectioning the strut tubes) that the ride actually go better.

I may go to camber plates someday, but I'm going to try it with the stock isolators first.

Thanks SCCA, it was me that was worried about harshness . Streets here are a bit rough, I wanted to maintain a decent ride . I figured that a progressive rate spring and maintain stock isolators .

If there is no big difference in harshness between camber plates and coilovers to eibachs . I will just do the full upgrade at once . The price of coilovers has sure droppped in the last while .

does anyone out there have the progressive rate eibachs and actually like them?

i put a set in a "stock" suspension 240 and the tires hit the fender lips. the bottom 4 coils were always coil spring bound as well.

there were 225/55/14 P7's on the car maybe with smaller tires but then whats the point. wondering if i got a bad set of thats the way they are. ( i did get them brand new)

------------------

Mike

http://www.fonebooth.com

raceparts and brakeupgrades