HybridZ

Front Frame Measurements???? Pete??

Does any anyone have a body shop manual with the measurements for the front frame rails. I have a frame rail in my car that is in need of repair, no rust but it was in an accident some time in the past and the repair they made I dont like. So I got a really clean 72 front clip with no rust. Before I cut either one apart I would like to have the measurements. BTW I should have a drivers side inner fender and complete frame rail leftover if anybody needs one.

Ray, I have some measurements such as how far apart the bolt holes for the cross member are from each other and the firewall. Also, I have a Datsun manual for the 73 240Z that has a figure with alot of dimensions of the chassis on it. Hard to read. I'll try scanning it and see if I can clean it up and put it on my site.

Remind me if I forget!

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -

Guest Jeff Rimmer

Are those dimensions basically the same for the 77 280Zx?

Also if they are.. is there a set of pics for the rails and subframe stuff?

I've been trying to find these dimensions over the net for a long time? I can't go measure my Z until november when I travel back up north where I have it stored..

Thanks a wholebunch in advance.

PS. I will be putting the frame rails and subfrae on CAD very soon if anyone will want it, providing these are the same dimensions for the 77.

Jeff, when you say 77 280ZX, I get confused. As far as I know, all over the world (even Canada), the Z did not change until 79, when the 280ZX debuted. Until then (through 78) it was a 280Z, except for places like UK where they kept calling it a 260Z. Did Canada actually get a 280ZX in 77?

Either way, I'd think the dimensions are different for the 77 280Z from the 240Z dimensions I posted. They changed alot of things in that time span.

Hopefully, someone can do a high res scan of a structural diagram from a Nissan 280Z manual for you.

If you car isn't too tweaked, why not measure it up and put it on CAD? I did that in order to print out some drawings with diagonal measurements of the suspension pick-up points (taken with a plumb bob, tape rule, levels, etc.) in 3D to see what I was working with and how I should move things around to make everyting symetric (to get away from build tolerances and any banging the car might have gotten.

Guest Jeff Rimmer

Jeff, when you say 77 280ZX,

Sorry I always keep saying "Zx", because the previous owner, put a Zx decal in the dash. I'm always thnking Zx, does make it sound a little meaner though ; )

But yes, I would love nothing more than to be able to go measure my frame rails etc, but most are now unexistent, and it also is stored at my cottage 700 some odd km's away. I will, however, be seeing it by Mid November, but I was hoping that I would have the entire setup on CAD by then.

Hopefully, someone can do a high res scan of a structural diagram from a Nissan 280Z manual for you.

I sure hope someone can do this for me! That would be fantastic!

TIA

JR

• 8 years later...