HybridZ

clattering front toyota brakes and need pad recommendation

My 280z has the toyota 4x4 front calipers with the z31 rotors. They have recently started clattering when the car is moving...on my z31 I have fixed this by getting a hardware kit.....do I need the same for the toyo stuff? I can reach in through the wheels and move the pads around a bit on both sides.....is this maybe a normal thing if they are getting close to replacement time? Also, can anyone recommend a brand of pads to buy in case I need to replace them?

Thanks,

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :)

1984 300zx turbo....little turbo, no intercooler, and some boost....13.96 @ 98.9

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html

Raybestos makes a couple of brake pad types called "brute stop" and "Brute force" these are severe duty and lifetime warrranty. They work better the hotter they get. Sounds like you are missing the front caliper hardware kit for the calipers, there should be a couple of light springs on the pads to prevent the chatter. Hope this helps!

IMO

------------------

The only stupid question is one you wanted to ask but never did!!!

Drewz