HybridZ

my 83 280zx wont start

Guest wearedriven

Guest wearedriven

i recently put a low millage engine in my 280zx theres fuel, injectors are good . compression is good, theres spark its head and block are timed correctly. turns overs and wont start, the spark plugs are good, and theres a pulse going from the wire harness to the injectors ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :weird: :?:eek::cuss::mad::x:icon5:

what in the world

could it be the old 5 month gas

or low fuel pump presure

or it just wants to piss me off

i wish i has a fuel presure tester

i just know fuel gets to the injectors.

how do you know the injectors work? Did you use the screwdriver test? I have basicly the same symptoms, and I've pretty much ruled out that my injectors just went bad. 4 month old gas my be a bit bad, but I just started my car that had gas in it from over 4 yrs ago-So you should be alright. Just becuz your injectors are pulsing doesn't mean there working-mine pulse but I'm pretty sure I'm not getting fuel.

i recently put a low millage engine in my 280zx theres fuel, injectors are good . compression is good, theres spark its head and block are timed correctly. turns overs and wont start, the spark plugs are good, and theres a pulse going from the wire harness to the injectors

If your car indeed has all the things you listed above, it would start.

You are either:

1. not getting any air into the engine/ compression
  2. not getting any spark.
  3. not getting any fuel.

go through the FI bible. Go through all the tests. When you are done with that pull off your HT lead to the distributor and check to make sure theres spark there. if that checks out, check the individual spark plug wires. Then check to make sure they are all plugged into the distributor in the right order. Make sure your fuel filter is not clogged, and make sure you are getting pressure to the injectors. make sure your fuel pump is turning on. oh yeah, make sure you have gas!!! as a last resort, make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks, but even with vacuum leaks the car would kick over.