HybridZ

Turbo Rear End Driveshaft Flange Bolt Pattern

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey guys do you know if the 3.54 Turbo Rear End Pinion Flange has the same driveshaft Bolt pattern as the 240's and 280's?

I was thinking of swapping in the 3.54 Turbo rear end in place of the 3.7 Rear end I blew up this past week.

Aa far as I know the halfshaft stub axles pull directly out of the diff so I can swap my non cv stub axles onto the 3.54, right?

Thanks,Norm

Norm,

The companion flanges are different between the ZXt turbo and earlier R200s, but the flanges will interchange.

U-joint halfshafts will plug right in.

I'm looking for a ZXT companion flange by the way... If you want to part with it, $$$$. Let me know. I even have non-turbo flanges to trade for it.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey Rick, I figured I'd save my CV axles and flanges in case I ever get enough dough to go the V8 route!

BTW, I forgot to mention that this is an Automatic Turbo car. Do you know if the front flange where the driveshaft bolts up is different than on a manual transmission equipped Turbo car?

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey Darrel is it a simple flange swap over or are there any crush sleeves or anything that have to be replaced?

Also I am assuming only an impact wrench will get the nut off since there is nothing really to grab hold of to keep the flange from moving while loosening,correct?

Thanks,Norm

Norm, I'm looking for the "rear end pinion flange" that bolts to the 280ZXT's driveshaft. You won't need it unless you're using that shaft. Thought maybe you thought I wanted the CV ends.

Those things are the devil to find.... and Ken just grabbed my only one.