HybridZ

83zx booster w/ MC on 78 280

Been doing alot of searches and just need some confirmation to make sure i get this right before really screwing things up...

as my pedal is now... i have to just about STAND on the dang pedal to get the thing to stop. It's like it doesn't have any booster, but i can tell it does.

I used to run webers, not much vacumn, had them hooked up to a vacumn bottle, they worked fine then, now that i switched to FI and have much better vacumn it seems like the brake booster is almost overloaded maybe? So i'm not sure which direction to turn the rod on the brake booster? Clockwise or counter clockwise... i'm thinking it needs to be lengthened but i don't want to start lenghtening it and have the disc drop out the back.

I tried this a couple weeks ago.. but i didn't want to turn it too much.. only did like two turns either way and it didn't seem to make much difference to me. So are we talking like 10+ turns? or...?

-Ed

ok so i took a pic of the pin in the booster today. There is a screw that goes into a shaft or pin. the screw uses a 7mm wrench, then the shaft just has like a groved piece to hold onto...

I tried channel locks, locking pliers, vise grips. Nothing can hold the shaft while i try to turn the pin. Any ideas? I'm assuming this is the proper way to adjust the ZX booster

-Ed

actually i don't have a check valve in it. That burnt' up in the fire a couple years back. I do have a vacumn bottle on it though.. guess I could rig the check valve from it to the brakes. The valve should allow the engine to suck on the booster but not the other way around I assume?

-Ed