HybridZ

Two questions - tach and boost issue

OK, first, I need a tach that will fit in my stock tach hole. It needs to work with the rpm output on the stock ecu.

Second, my car is 740, Z32, GT2871R, Enthalpy tuned, SR20DET with all usual mods. The only hokey item I have is an ebay mbc. I think I can remove the mbc since the GT2871R is internally wastegated at 14 psi. The car is running great now except:

My boost hesitates at 7-10 psi for 1-3 seconds. It spools fine then pauses there for 1-3 seconds. Then it spools the rest of the way up to 17 psi just fine. Those 1-3 seconds really slow the car down. 17 psi is crazy. 10 psi is just fun.

Wow, does the adapter convert for different output signals like when you go from 4 to 6 or 8 or whatnot? Or does the tach just work either way regardless of cylinders?

Our TEC's have a programmable output that you can set for any tach basically. I may just hook up my stock tach to that wire and tell it I'm running a 6 cylinder for a while until I get an autometer or something. The tach worked sorta before, but the L28 swapped into the 240z supposedly doesn't work the tach correctly. Mine would go halfway up and then go backwards. Heh heh

I'm really concerned about matching my speedo and tach, and need to figure out what to do about an aftermarket speedo before I buy either one, I think.

**** i forgot about the different cyl outputs, sorry lewis you might want to try and get an autometer 5" tach frmo whatever series you like best and also get the tach adapter to work with distributorless ignition.